When, How, and Why
So, you are looking for cakesmash photography in Connecticut? So nice to have you hear! Cakesmashes are one of my specialties and very dear to my heart! I believe the first birthday should be celebrated in style!
You might have heard about my celebrity cakesmashes and a few of them even went viral! If you do not know what I am talking about please click here to check them out! Aren’t they so fun? We also have a section on the blog dedicated to our regular cake smashes. You can check out past cake smash sessions right here via the link. My goal is to make this a fantastic experience for you and your child. We love to customize these sessions for every client. However, we also offer a collection that you can make your own.
We like to do our smashes when the little ones are between 10 and 11 months old. Yes, we do those ways earlier than you would think, for various reasons. The most important one – 10/11 months old are happier than 12 months old. Yes, it is just a fact. 🙂 Also, most kids do not walk at that time, so it will be easier to keep them in the setup. The great part about this? You will have your images back before their big birthday smash!
Once you book your session we’ll collaborate about what clothes will work best for this fun shoot, what you’re envisioning for the session, and how soon we can make this happen. Please keep in mind that we need a minimum of SIX weeks to plan out a deluxe cakesmash if you want customized items. We also have a list of cakesmash themes that you can choose from that we can turn around in a nick of time.
We do not offer sibling and/or family images before, during, or after our cakesmash sessions. Why? Because little ones have a 20-minute attention span, and we want to make sure those little ones are the happiest during their cakesmash. After putting so much work into planning we highly recommend that the cakesmash is the only thing you focus on that day.
Ready to Go Cakesmash Themes
Sometimes time is of the essence and you might want to schedule your cakesmash earlier than later, so we have a few “ready to go” themes that you can pick from. These we can turn around in a nick of time and get that special cakesmash celebration going for you.
- Gold/Pink/Glitter (your setup will include either all or some of these items: banner, balloons, confetti, ONE letter)
- Blue/Grays (your setup will include either all or some of these items: banner, balloons, confetti,)
- Cinderella Castle
- Barn Theme (your setup will include either all or some of these items: barn backdrop, hay bales, banner, balloons, animals, ONE letter)
- The Wild One (Boys only) (your setup will include either all or some of these items: banner, balloons, confetti)
- Safari or Jungle Theme (your setup will include either all or some of these items: stuffed animals, banner, balloons, confetti, ONE letter)
- Blue/Pink Butterfly Theme (your setup will include either all or some of these items: banner, balloons, confetti)
- Spring Rain
- Winter Wonderland (blue and silver girly)
- Winter Wonderland (snowy gender neutral)
- Boho Chic (girls) (this is a super simple setup with just a floral banner on the backdrop and a cake, your little one will be the center of attention)
- Strawberry Theme (girls)
- Top Gun
- Super Heroes
- Beauty and the Beast
- Barndoors & Flowers (girls)
- Lama & Cactus (girls)
- Barndoors (boys)
- Two different versions for a very smash 1. Fairy Garden 2. Fairy Moon
- Sports Stadium (Soccer, Baseball, Basketball)
- Under the Sea
- Dr. Suess (Cat in the Hat or All the Places you will go)
- Pancakes (boy or girls)
- Winnie The Pooh
- Gingerbread Houses
- Carnival Theme
- Icecream Smash (girls – pink colors)
- Rainbow Setup
- Any color balloon garland with simple props
- Toy Story
- Alice In Wonderland
- Boho Chic
- Boho Hoop Setup
- Sunflowers & Barnlook
- Camp Fire
Let’s capture those Nuggets for you!
Photographing children is what got me started with photography! When I came to the US as an Aupair working with so many different children really sparked my interest in photography. There is always something to be captured. Child Photography is not always easy, but that makes it fun, right Connecticut? You never know what to expect, and that keeps it interesting. 🙂
Cakesmashes will take place in my Milford studio.
Once you book a cakesmash, we will get started right away with finding a theme that you are most happy about. Here are some websites for you to check out and get excited about:
Lola & Darla – Great outfits for girls
Vintage Inspired Outfits – Super adorable outfits for boys
Birdie Baby Boutique – Adorable headbands for girls and banners for any session
Little Blue Olive – Crowns
Princess and the Pea – Adorable pieces to complete your cake smash
Kekitoscheeks – Fun outfits for boys
There are many great choices when it comes to Child Photography in Connecticut. Therefore, I am so happy you are here, now let’s get you to book your very own cakesmash photography session!